Chiropractic is the third largest primary care health care profession after medicine and dentistry. Every year, more than three million Canadians receive chiropractic care from over 5,000 Doctors of Chiropractic in Canada. Currently there are more than 800 licensed chiropractors in Alberta.
What to expect when you come to our clinic:
On your first visit, please come 15 minutes early to allow time to complete a comprehensive health history form.
The doctor will review your health history and discuss your health concerns before undertaking a thorough examination. Diagnostic tools, such as x-rays, may be required to evaluate your condition. The doctor will then discuss with you the results of the examination and recommend a treatment program. The first appointment should take about 30 minutes.
On subsequent visits, the adjustments are gentle and generally comfortable, with no associated “popping” or “cracking”. You should expect to spend a maximum of 10 minutes with the doctor.
“This technique utilizes specific procedures to detect spinal joint dysfunction, analyze leg length inequality, detect body mechanics problems, and test neurological reflexes. With these unique diagnostic tools, we can accurately check your overall spinal balance.”
Ask the Chiropractor
Tips for a Healthy Spine
- Exercise regularly
- Maintain good posture
- Invest in a good chair, pillow and mattress
- Sleep on your back or side, not on your stomach. With the side-lying sleep posture, use a small pillow between your knees
- Stretch your legs and back after each hour of sitting
- Never cradle the phone between your neck and shoulder
- Don’t overload your backpack and carry loads evenly weighted on both shoulders
- Follow a healthy diet
- Have regular spinal check-ups