This is not about a bikini.
Finding your own healthy comfort zone should be about knowing when you feel your best and what your body needs in order to work the way it should.
There are a number of surprising reasons that weight loss can contribute to overall better health.The Health Challenge urges you to take on your health as a life challenge.
Not just a one time trip to the gym. This includes healthy nutrition, exercise and various methods that can aide in allowing you to begin your healthy lifestyle journey. Hopefully these can inspire you to take an active role in your health goals.
5 Reasons To Lose Weight Today
1) Allergies and Asthma – Eating unhealthy foods can put additional pressure on the respiratory system as well as the adrenal glands, both of which manage allergy and asthma symptoms.
2) Memory Improvements – Although we don’t know why, a study showed that individuals who lost weight showed improvements in memory. The excess weight can cause inflammation in the body and that is when cognitive functions can start being affected. After all no one can remember anything when they are sick so make sure you keep your mind and body sharp!
3) Type 2 Diabetes – Perhaps not surprisingly, type 2 diabetes can be reversed with weight loss. By losing weight, a person can become less insulin resistant and this would aide in how frequent the insulin has to be administered.
4) Improve Sleep – When we don’t get enough sleep, our brains are not functioning at 100%. Anyone who suffers from insomnia can attest the fatigue and drained feeling that can often come from not sleeping. Sleep apnea sufferers who exercise typically see a reduction in sleep apnea symptoms.
5) Skin Health – Nutritional problems often reveal themselves through the skin. With better nutrition, skin health improves and a healthy diet can often increase the feel of dry skin. However, if you are going through intense weight loss, it is important to speak to your health care professional as there can sometimes be issues with excess skin.
If you are going through a weight loss journey or need help in knowing where to start, give us a call at Avenida Wellness and we would be happy to consult with you about the best options! Let us know how we can help today by calling us at (587) 352-6611.